Maintenance of your fire alarm
- Replace the battery when the fire alarm alarm sounds an intermittent sound. Use the battery type recommended by the manufacturer.
- Never use a rechargeable battery unless the manufacturer recommends it. Lightly vacuum, using a soft brush, outside and inside the fire alarm alarm box, at least once a year.
- Never paint the fire alarm.
Inspection for the fire alarm system
- Check if the fire alarms are connected to a monitoring central. First inform the monitoring central and follow its instructions.
When to replace your fire alarm system
- Periodically replace the battery.
- Replace the detectors according to the recommendations of the manufacturer, generally every ten years. The manufacturing or expiry date is indicated on the housing. If the date is missing, do not take any chances, replace the device immediately.